It has been a great week. VeeamOn has been a great conference and its clear Rick and the team really wanted to have a different spin on the IT conference. While there are some impressive grand gestures, speakers and sessions (I Seriously feel like I’m in a spaceship right now) its the little details that stand out too.
My favorite little things so far.
- General Session does not start at 8AM.
- Breakfast runs till 9AM not 7:45AM like certain other popular conferences. (Late night networking and no food going into a General Session is not a good idea!).
- Day 2 keynotes are by the partners, giving me a mini-taste of VMware, HP, Cisco, Netapp’s and Microsoft’s “Vision” for the new world of IT.
- A really interesting mix of attendees. I’ll go from having a conversation with 10TB to someone else with 7PB’s and some of the challenges we are discussing will be the same.
- LabWarz is easy to wander in and tests you skills in a far more “fun” and meaningful way than trying to dive a certification test between sessions.
- The vendor expo isn’t an endless maze of companies but are companies (and specifically only the products within them) that are relevant to Veeam users.